Sunday, February 11, 2007

Get 'er Done!




Well, I have been pretty busy. When i get home from work, you will usually find me cutting (as I was stating in my last post) or sewing! I feel like I have accomplished so much in January. The above pics are proof! My goal this month, is to continue to plug away at cutting scraps, and to also do one of the older quilts that has been looming for some time. It is for my son. Can you hear, I started this quilt in 1989. I did get the wallhanging done, but the quilt top sits, with blocks done, and part of the sashing put on the blocks, but the remainder needs to be put together. Also, I need to finish a baby quilt that the blocks are done, and work on some "little quilts" that were a gift to my dd years ago (shameful i know). They are calendar quilts, and I have 3 done, and only 9 more to go.
I worked yesterday with my quilt club girls! We all got together for a fun day of fellowship, and each made a turning twenty quilt. I have all my top done, except for the small strip border. And, yes all from my scrap cutting! Isnt that wonderful? I will post a pic of it later this week.
I plan on sending out a quilt to be quilted--want a certain design, and I dont really feel i can do it on moms nolting, so I know a gal that does fabulous work:

http://cotie0.tripod.com/index.html

Her prices are great too, and a wonderful person to entrust your quilts to. Tell her that Deb From quilterinthewoods sent you!
Well, I better get to work, there is ironing, cutting, sewing, .............to do, and this is not getting it done! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!
Debbers

No comments: