Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Check in For Quilt-A-Thon

I just love how Judy L. has us all connected with this Quilt-A-Thon. Well, I knew I would sleep in today, but 11:00 A.M. is a little much for me this weekend! I went and put the flannal fabric that I put in the washer last nite prior to going to bed, in the dryer.
Then I went in to the sewing room, and was getting things rallied around for the day. My good intentions of pulling together the flannel backing for the boy charity quilt this morning went awry, I started putting together some crumb flannel blocks. I didnt realize how easy and addicting these crumb blocks are! I read thru Bonnie's (@ quiltville)site, and it just took off from there. Why oh why was I in my flannel tub? Well, I have to find one long piece to go in the middle of 2 pieces for the back of the charity quilt. And, now it's 2:00 P.M. My, where does the time go? Not sure if this will be a quilt for dh, or if it will be another charity? I just want to rid myself of my over abundance of small fabric--but, make something useful in the process.
Also, while digging in the flannel bin, I found some blocks, and other stuff, so I am contemplating what do do with them. I am thinking about making a pillow case from 6 blocks that match--they are all sewn together, and then I am putting together some baby blocks also. I will need a border for this as it is all pastels--think minkee here..........but those are all in a baggy to take with me to retreat, and if we get to stop at a store, then I will look for a border then.
Right now, I am taking a break. Making dh and I a late lunch. We are having left over Goulash from last night, and some cornbread muffins. Yummy, I am getting hungry.
So to update my fellow quilt-a-thoners, I am doing things, but not quite in the order that I intended--LOL. I will post pics later. Ok, off to eat. I hope you are all advancing on whatever you are working on.
Debbers

1 comment:

Gail said...

Deb, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. To answer your question, I have a Janome 350E, and yes, I love it too. Thanks for the tip, I think that is exactly what happened to cause the white spot. So, you are working with flannel? That is on my to-do-one-day list, I think it will be a really comfy cozy quilt.